All the Time in the World

Assassin's Quest

Assassin's Quest - Robin Hobb Somewhat disappointing end to this trilogy. I suppose I knew as I got deeper into the 2nd book (Royal Assassin) that the magical elements would have to get resolved in some way, and I suppose I should have known that they would have to take a more prominent place in the story. It sort of "jumped the shark" (IMO) in doing that, though, and took what had been a story of a young man who was born with unusual gifts and placed in an inescapable position at a young age, dealing with it the best he could, to a sort of deus ex machina ending where he saves the day by means of those gifts. I did appreciate that it wasn't a "happily ever after" resolution - more realistic that way (if one can call any fantasy book "realistic.")