All the Time in the World

The Face-Changers

The Face-Changers - Thomas Perry Not as good as Shadow Woman, IMO - about halfway through the book, it seemed to become sort of mechanical, less personally involving -- difficult to grasp what Jane's plan was, and care what happened to any of the other characters. Still a fascinating concept, and Perry's got to have a twisty mind to plot out all the pitfalls he puts in Jane's way, and the very ordinary ways she gets out of them (not ordinary in my life, thank goodness, but "ordinary" as in "not requiring superhero skills.")

I really do wonder what Perry's life must have been like at some point - or who he hangs out with when researching his books - to know the kind of realistic details he includes about the underworld Jane travels through at times: because while I'm sure people exist out there who traffic in new identities, and probably some as shady/scary/paranoid as The Face-Changers' "Sid", I'm grateful I will never (I hope) have to do business with them.