All the Time in the World

The Club Dumas

The Club Dumas - Arturo Pérez-Reverte, Sonia Soto As I started reading this, I had an odd sensation that perhaps I'd read it before, because so many of the details seemed familiar... and then I realized that this was the (extremely loose) basis for the Johnny Depp movie The Seventh Gate. That said, please don't look to The Club Dumas for the same sort of spooky thrills as Seventh Gate promised - let's just say that there's a lot more here about literary obsession and a lot less about demonic influences. No one levitates, has strangely glowing eyes, or bursts into flames. Sorry if that's what you were looking for. On the other hand, I learned a ton about The Three Musketeers (WHAT??? you say - The Seventh Gate didn't have anything to do with The Three Musketeers... which is precisely my point)