All the Time in the World

The Republic of Thieves

The Republic of Thieves - Scott Lynch I think I need to add a bookshelf for "superlative snark."

I don't have the energy right now to properly review this, but let me just say that Scott Lynch gives me hope for the genre. His characters are smart (but not genius, never make a misstep smart) and human and hilarious and Lynch especially does a beautiful job of creating female characters who are anything but caricatures. I love Sabetha as much as I expected to (after a huge build up thru the 1st two books as Locke's one true love) and I loved the reconciliation between the two of them.

A little concerned re the big reveal about Locke's background and where that will be taken in future books, but I'm sure it will be interesting if nothing else.