All the Time in the World

Red Seas Under Red Skies

Red Seas Under Red Skies - Scott Lynch I've read a couple of reviews that assert that Red Seas is a better book than The Lies of Locke Lamora. Really? Not in my opinion. Took me a little longer to get hooked by Red Seas, the various schemes being juggled made it all a little choppy, and the ending was a little too abrupt/convenient for my liking. Also, I was sad that Lynch took the easy way out in killing off Ezri -- it's the classic "death to fall in love with one of the Cartwright boys" trap. Poor Ezri should have known better.

That said - I still loved it. I like the humor, I like that Locke & Jean don't automatically triumph in every situation, that they are sometimes unwilling participants and not the best at everything, as so many fantasy heroes are portrayed. Can't wait for the next book.