All the Time in the World

Lost

Lost - Gregory Maguire, Douglas Smith IMHO it's cheating to add this to my "read" books, as I didn't finish it.

As I've said elsewhere, once I'm into a book I almost never put it down. It's like a personal challenge or something. Occasionally when I'm really, really struggling, limping through a book, resentful of every page, a good friend of mine will say, "it's OK to put it down unfinished." (Yeah, it's weird to need permission to stop reading part-way through, but that's me.) This is one where I regret every moment I wasted trying to read it, hoping at some point I'd get enthusiastic about it.

I'm not even sure what it was I disliked - it just seemed to ramble on and never get to the point. And since I love fantasy, which tends to meander somewhat anyway, you know it had to be bad for me to give up on it. I would also like to point out that I have never read any of Maguire's other books, so I'm not one who loved Wicked, for instance, and wanted Lost to be "another one, just like that." This just really didn't do it for me.